NEWS & INFO
Additional great news sources for the latest on the Milwaukee tech ecosystem
- BizTimes Tech: Up-to the-minute tech and business news, analysis and insights.
- Wisconsin Inno: Important news for the startup and tech communities about people, information, trends and events shaping Wisconsin’s future.
- Milwaukee Business Journal Tech: Latest breaking tech and business news from around the area.
- Xconomy: Local Wisconsin business, science and technology news. Xconomy covers information technology, biotech, energy and more.
- Milwaukee’s Tech Talent Impact: Information and research on the increasing impact of tech jobs in the region.
Local resources to help you learn and grow tech and entrepreneurial skills
- The Commons: Connects students with academic and business communities to collaborate on real-world projects.
- STEM Forward: Promotes STEM education and careers to students through collaboration with business, education, government and community.
- MKE Tech Hub K12 Educator Resources: Provides resources and tips for K12 educators and school/district leads looking to start or enhance a high quality computer science program.
- i.c. stars: Offers an immersive workforce training and placement program focused on readying underserved populations to succeed in the tech field.
- TEALS: Helps high schools build and grow sustainable computer science programs.
- Code.org: Offers free computer science curriculum and course content.
- Cyber Education Wisconsin: Wealth of info on schools offering cybersecurity degrees, career paths, professional security certifications, free online courses and more.
- Blue & Gold Ventures: Wisconsin’s only student-run business program based in Milwaukee, WI.
- MKE Tech Hub Corporate Engagement in STEM Education: Provides pathway, tips and resources for companies (and people!) to create or expand existing outreach programs.
- Milwaukee Area Technical College: Helps prepare and ready entrepreneurs to own and operate their own business.
- Employ Milwaukee: Workforce development board serving MKE county job seekers and employers, including potential funding, employment information, career development training opportunities and connections to various programs.
- Wisconsin Policy Forum Innovation Datatool: The Metro Milwaukee Innovation DataTool is designed to provide perspective on the Milwaukee metro area's performance in transitioning to a knowledge-based economy.
- Girls Who Code: Girls Who Code is on a mission to close the gender gap in technology and to change the image of what a programmer looks like and does
Need help launching or growing a business or idea? Tap into these resources for know-how and support
- FOR-M Incubator: For-M is an incubator platform designed for entrepreneurial success in the Milwaukee region.
- gBETA Milwaukee: gBETA is a free seven-week accelerator for early-stage companies with local roots.
- gener8tor Milwaukee: Invests in high-growth startups with a concierge accelerator experience.
- Starting a Business in Milwaukee: Helps aspiring entrepreneurs determine if starting a business is right for them and provides access to a one-stop shop.
- Startup Milwaukee: Connects entrepreneurs to mentors, capital, talent and like-minded people with a passion for making Wisconsin a best place to launch and grow a company.
- Startup Wisconsin: Links entrepreneurs to community resources and showcases startup innovations to advance Wisconsin’s tech and startup ecosystems.
- Water Council Brew Accelerator: Connects early stage tech ventures with resources to fast track development and deployment of solutions to freshwater challenges.
- WERCBench Labs Accelerator: Advances tech and business models for startup companies developing products that benefit the energy, power and controls industries.
- Young Enterprising Society (YES): Offers immersive learning and hands-on experiences to help locally-owned startups jumpstart their businesses.
- Command Post - Wisconsin Veterans Chamber Accelerator for Military Entrepreneurs: Business accelerator program exclusively serving veteran-owned businesses.
- Scale Up Milwaukee: Helps companies grow and accelerates the growth environment with all the social and economic benefits that accompany it.
- Lubar Entrepreneurship Center: A powerful resource for entrepreneurs, innovators, and anyone who wants to make a positive change in their community.
- Brew City Match: Fuels commercial revival and entrepreneurship within the Historic King Drive, North Avenue & Fond du Lac, and Cesar Chavez Drive corridors.
- Center for Technology Commercialization: Guides you through bringing your technology from idea to market, including connections to funding and business leaders.
- Waukesha County Center for Growth : Strategy, site selection, approvals and financing for your project, WCCG wants to help your business grow. Consulting is provided at no cost.
- Institute for Business & Entrepreneurship: Helps entrepreneurs, businesses and ED professionals across the state achieve goals through free expert consulting.
Great options are available to you whether you're ready to turn that side hustle into your full time gig or you're a digital nomad who needs a home
- Hudson Business Lounge: Located in the Third Ward at 310 E. Buffalo St. Meeting rooms and expansive options for desks/offices. Event space, cafe and catering options available.
- 5Wise: Located at 3524 West National Avenue., Milwaukee. 5Wise, is a low-cost and flexible co-working option.
- Ironwood: Located at 5205 N. Ironwood Road, Glendale. Includes 15 private spaces, enclosed in glass, that range from one-person offices to multidesk spaces.
- MalamaDoe: Located at 4465 N. Oakland Ave., Suite 201, Shorewood. MalamaDoe is a community for female entrepreneurs with a co-working space.
- Oasis Coworking Community: Located at Milwaukee's Global Water Center. Shared, collaborative workspace housing companies seeking to tap into water tech.
- The Hive: Located at 720 N. Milwaukee St., Milwaukee. Created by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. A community within bright fun walls for any startup looking for a fresh take.
- Ward4: Located downtown at 313 N. Plankinton Ave. Spaces for entrepreneurs, startups, VC-backed companies, small to mid-sized businesses, global corps and technologists.
- Water Street office and co-working: Located at 1123 N. Water St., Milwaukee. Includes private offices and co-working desks with offices ranging in size from a single desk to mini-suites.
- Workspace: Located at 250 N. Sunnyslope Road, Suite 200, Brookfield. Month-to-month options for entrepreneurs looking for a place to work and access to experts.
- Spaces: Located at 1433 N. Water St. on the Milwaukee River. Flexible office/coworking space and meeting rooms with admin support and curated events to spark collaboration.
- 600 EAST Business Center: Located at 600 E. Wisconsin in Milwaukee. Offers private offices, meeting rooms and a state-of-the-art 14-person boardroom available for rentals, along with catering.
Listen in to what's going on in the broader Milwaukee ecosystem
- Concurrency Beer 30: If you love technology and your city, you'll love these beer chats brought to you by Brookfield's Concurrency,
- Bridge the City: Podcast bridges together people, resources, and ideas that inspire Milwaukee to action.
- MKE Forward: Hear from leaders who are moving this city forward along with open conversations on what our city is doing right and what we can do better.
- Experience Milwaukee: Light-hearted podcast showcasing our great city of Milwaukee as an innovative place to live, work and play.
- How Did You Do That? | WUWM: Prize-winning journalist Kathleen Gallagher and Tim Keane, director of Golden Angels Investors, talk with entrepreneurs about their success.
- thegogedders podcast: For and about risk-takers—people who aren’t afraid to make it happen and go get it.
- Strange on Purpose: Hosted by misfits, entrepreneurs, and creatives, this series is for people who see the world differently and don't mind going against the grain to achieve their goals.
- Blockchain 1% - featuring Michael Anton Adam: Blockchain 1% dives into a myriad of Blockchain topics and real world uses with regard to everything Blockchain.
- Down to Mars: A timely podcast focused on diversity in tech and startup spaces!
- The Brimful Life: Stories and advice from people who will inspire you to never settle in your pursuit to live fully.
- WisBusiness: The Show: Twice-a-month Web show covering state business news and issues.
Great ways to connect with the Milwaukee community
- HealthTechMKE: Organization is focused on supporting entrepreneurs and growing the health tech ecosystem in Milwaukee.
- Tech Meetups in Milwaukee: Listing of meetups for the tech community.
- Entrepreneurship Meetups in Milwaukee: Listing of meetups for the entrepreneur community.
- NEWaukee: A social architecture firm that’s changing the way people connect.
- NO Studios: A collaborative workspace and social community that offers an environment for artists and art lovers to come together.
- Wisconsin Technology Association: Organization for tech and telecom professionals.
- 88Nine Radio Milwaukee: A community radio station that believes in making voices heard, building relationships and being a catalyst for a better Milwaukee – on and off the air.
- Technology Innovation Center: Community of constant innovation focused on helping entrepreneurs thrive.
- DevWI: Resource for the WI dev community to connect and grow.
- Visit Milwaukee Guide: 2019 Official Visitors Guide for the city of Milwaukee.
- BLKSHP Milwaukee: A people-first collaborator community of artists, educators and entrepreneurs focused on work that benefits society.