Need help launching or growing a business or idea? Tap into these resources for know-how and support
- gBETA Milwaukee: gBETA is a free seven-week accelerator for early-stage companies with local roots.
- gener8tor Milwaukee: Invests in high-growth startups with a concierge accelerator experience.
- Starting a Business in Milwaukee: Helps aspiring entrepreneurs determine if starting a business is right for them and provides access to a one-stop shop.
- Startup Milwaukee: Connects entrepreneurs to mentors, capital, talent and a community of like-minded people with a passion for making Wisconsin a best place to launch and grow a company.
- Startup Wisconsin: Links entrepreneurs to community resources and showcases startup innovations to advance Wisconsin’s tech and startup ecosystems.
- Water Council Brew Accelerator: Connects early stage tech ventures with resources to fast track development and deployment of solutions to freshwater challenges.
- WERCBench Labs Accelerator: Advances tech and business models for startup companies developing products that benefit the energy, power and controls industries.
- Young Enterprising Society (YES): Offers immersive learning and hands-on experiences to help locally-owned startups jumpstart their businesses.
- Command Post - Wisconsin Veterans Chamber Accelerator for Military Entrepreneurs: The only business accelerator program in Wisconsin exclusively dedicated to serving veteran-owned businesses.
NEWS & INFO
Additional great news sources for the latest on the Milwaukee tech ecosystem
- BizTimes Tech: Up-to the-minute tech and business news, analysis and insights.
- Wisconsin Inno: Important news for the startup and tech communities about people, information, trends and events shaping Wisconsin’s future.
- Milwaukee Business Journal Tech: Latest breaking tech and business news from around the area.
- Milwaukee’s Tech Talent Impact: Information and research on the increasing impact of tech jobs in the region.
Great options are available to you whether you're ready to turn that side hustle into your full time gig or you're a digital nomad who needs a home
- Hudson Business Lounge: Located in the Third Ward at 310 E. Buffalo St., Milwaukee. Expansive options for desks and offices as well as meeting rooms. Event space, cafe and catering options also available.
- 5Wise: Located at 3524 West National Avenue., Milwaukee. 5Wise, is a low-cost and flexible co-working option.
- Ironwood: Located at 5205 N. Ironwood Road, Glendale. Includes 15 private spaces, enclosed in glass, that range from one-person offices to multidesk spaces.
- MalamaDoe: Located at 4465 N. Oakland Ave., Suite 201, Shorewood. MalamaDoe is a community for female entrepreneurs with a co-working space.
- Oasis Coworking Community: Located at Global Water Center, 247 W. Freshwater Way, Milwaukee. A shared, collaborative workspace housing companies from around the world seeking to tap into the growing cluster of water tech.
- The Hive: Located at 720 N. Milwaukee St., Milwaukee. Created by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. A community within bright fun walls for any startup looking for a fresh take.
- Ward4: Located at 313 N. Plankinton Ave., Suite 205, Milwaukee. Spaces for entrepreneurs, startups, VC-backed companies, small to mid-sized businesses, global corps and innovative technologists.
- Water Street office and co-working: Located at 1123 N. Water St., Milwaukee. Includes private offices and co-working desks with offices ranging in size from a single desk to mini-suites.
- Workspace: Located at 250 N. Sunnyslope Road, Suite 200, Brookfield. Month-to-month options for entrepreneurs looking for a place to work and access to experts.
Listen in to what's going on in the broader Milwaukee ecosystem
- Experience Milwaukee: Light-hearted podcasts showcasing Milwaukee as a great city to visit and an innovative place to live and work
Great ways to connect with the Milwaukee community
- Tech Meetups in Milwaukee: Listing of meetups for the tech community.
- Entrepreneurship Meetups in Milwaukee: Listing of meetups for the entrepreneur community.
- NEWaukee: A social architecture firm that’s changing the way people connect.
- NO Studios: A collaborative workspace and social community that offers an environment for artists and art lovers to come together.
- Wisconsin Technology Association: Organization for tech and telecom professionals.
- 88Nine Radio Milwaukee: A community radio station that believes in making voices heard, building relationships and being a catalyst for a better Milwaukee – on and off the air.
- Technology Innovation Center: Community of constant innovation focused on helping entrepreneurs thrive.
- DevWI: Resource for the WI dev community to connect and grow.
- Visit Milwaukee Guide: 2019 Official Visitors Guide for the city of Milwaukee.
- BLKSHP Milwaukee: A people-first collaborator community of artists, educators and entrepreneurs focused on work that benefits society.
Local resources to help you learn and grow tech and entrepreneurial skills
- The Commons: Connects students with academic and business communities to collaborate on real-world projects.
- STEM Forward: Promotes STEM education and careers to students through collaboration with business, education, government and community.
- MKE Tech Hub K12 Educator Resources: Provides resources for K12 educators.
- i.c. stars: Offers an immersive workforce training and placement program focused on readying underserved populations to succeed in the tech field.
- TEALS: Helps high schools build and grow sustainable computer science programs.
- Code.org: Offers free computer science curriculum and course content.
- Cyber Education Wisconsin: Wealth of info on colleges and universities offering cybersecurity degrees, career paths, professional security certifications, free online courses and much more.