NEWS & INFO
Additional great news sources for the latest on the Milwaukee tech ecosystem
- BizTimes Tech: Up-to the-minute tech and business news, analysis and insights.
- Wisconsin Inno: Important news for the startup and tech communities about people, information, trends and events shaping Wisconsin’s future.
- Milwaukee Business Journal Tech: Latest breaking tech and business news from around the area.
- Xconomy: Local Wisconsin business, science and technology news. Xconomy covers information technology, biotech, energy and more.
- Milwaukee’s Tech Talent Impact: Information and research on the increasing impact of tech jobs in the region.
Local resources to help you learn and grow tech and entrepreneurial skills
- The Commons: Connects students with academic and business communities to collaborate on real-world projects.
- STEM Forward: Promotes STEM education and careers to students through collaboration with business, education, government and community.
- MKE Tech Hub K12 Educator Resources: Provides resources and tips for K12 educators and school/district leads looking to start or enhance a high quality computer science program.
- i.c. stars: Offers an immersive workforce training and placement program focused on readying underserved populations to succeed in the tech field.
- TEALS: Helps high schools build and grow sustainable computer science programs.
- Code.org: Offers free computer science curriculum and course content.
- Cyber Education Wisconsin: Wealth of info on schools offering cybersecurity degrees, career paths, professional security certifications, free online courses and more.
- Blue & Gold Ventures: Wisconsin’s only student-run business program based in Milwaukee, WI.
- MKE Tech Hub Corporate Engagement in STEM Education: Provides pathway, tips and resources for companies (and people!) to create or expand existing outreach programs.
- Milwaukee Area Technical College: Helps prepare and ready entrepreneurs to own and operate their own business.
- Employ Milwaukee: Workforce development board serving MKE county job seekers and employers, including potential funding, employment information, career development training opportunities and connections to various programs.
- Wisconsin Policy Forum Innovation Datatool: The Metro Milwaukee Innovation DataTool is designed to provide perspective on the Milwaukee metro area's performance in transitioning to a knowledge-based economy.
- Girls Who Code: Girls Who Code is on a mission to close the gender gap in technology and to change the image of what a programmer looks like and does
Need help launching or growing a business or idea? Tap into these resources for know-how and support
- FOR-M Incubator: For-M is an incubator platform designed for entrepreneurial success in the Milwaukee region.
- #MKEtech Entrepreneur Office Hours: #MKEtech Entrepreneur Office Hours connects you to resources needed to grow and scale your business in MKE.
- gBETA Milwaukee: gBETA is a free seven-week accelerator for early-stage companies with local roots.
- gener8tor Milwaukee: Invests in high-growth startups with a concierge accelerator experience.
- Starting a Business in Milwaukee: Helps aspiring entrepreneurs determine if starting a business is right for them and provides access to a one-stop shop.
- Startup Milwaukee: Connects entrepreneurs to mentors, capital, talent and like-minded people with a passion for making Wisconsin a best place to launch and grow a company.
- Startup Wisconsin: Links entrepreneurs to community resources and showcases startup innovations to advance Wisconsin’s tech and startup ecosystems.
- Water Council Brew Accelerator: Connects early stage tech ventures with resources to fast track development and deployment of solutions to freshwater challenges.
- WERCBench Labs Accelerator: Advances tech and business models for startup companies developing products that benefit the energy, power and controls industries.
- Young Enterprising Society (YES): Offers immersive learning and hands-on experiences to help locally-owned startups jumpstart their businesses.
- Command Post - Wisconsin Veterans Chamber Accelerator for Military Entrepreneurs: Business accelerator program exclusively serving veteran-owned businesses.
- Scale Up Milwaukee: Helps companies grow and accelerates the growth environment with all the social and economic benefits that accompany it.
- Lubar Entrepreneurship Center: A powerful resource for entrepreneurs, innovators, and anyone who wants to make a positive change in their community.
- Brew City Match: Fuels commercial revival and entrepreneurship within the Historic King Drive, North Avenue & Fond du Lac, and Cesar Chavez Drive corridors.
Great options are available to you whether you're ready to turn that side hustle into your full time gig or you're a digital nomad who needs a home
- Hudson Business Lounge: Located in the Third Ward at 310 E. Buffalo St. Meeting rooms and expansive options for desks/offices. Event space, cafe and catering options available.
- 5Wise: Located at 3524 West National Avenue., Milwaukee. 5Wise, is a low-cost and flexible co-working option.
- Ironwood: Located at 5205 N. Ironwood Road, Glendale. Includes 15 private spaces, enclosed in glass, that range from one-person offices to multidesk spaces.
- MalamaDoe: Located at 4465 N. Oakland Ave., Suite 201, Shorewood. MalamaDoe is a community for female entrepreneurs with a co-working space.
- Oasis Coworking Community: Located at Milwaukee's Global Water Center. Shared, collaborative workspace housing companies seeking to tap into water tech.
- The Hive: Located at 720 N. Milwaukee St., Milwaukee. Created by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. A community within bright fun walls for any startup looking for a fresh take.
- Ward4: Located downtown at 313 N. Plankinton Ave. Spaces for entrepreneurs, startups, VC-backed companies, small to mid-sized businesses, global corps and technologists.
- Water Street office and co-working: Located at 1123 N. Water St., Milwaukee. Includes private offices and co-working desks with offices ranging in size from a single desk to mini-suites.
- Workspace: Located at 250 N. Sunnyslope Road, Suite 200, Brookfield. Month-to-month options for entrepreneurs looking for a place to work and access to experts.
- Spaces: Located at 1433 N. Water St. on the Milwaukee River. Flexible office/coworking space and meeting rooms with admin support and curated events to spark collaboration.
- 600 EAST Business Center: Located at 600 E. Wisconsin in Milwaukee. Offers private offices, meeting rooms and a state-of-the-art 14-person boardroom available for rentals, along with catering.
Listen in to what's going on in the broader Milwaukee ecosystem
- Concurrency Beer 30: If you love technology and your city, you'll love these beer chats brought to you by Brookfield's Concurrency,
- Bridge the City: Podcast bridges together people, resources, and ideas that inspire Milwaukee to action.
- MKE Forward: Hear from leaders who are moving this city forward along with open conversations on what our city is doing right and what we can do better.
- Experience Milwaukee: Light-hearted podcast showcasing our great city of Milwaukee as an innovative place to live, work and play.
- How Did You Do That? | WUWM: Prize-winning journalist Kathleen Gallagher and Tim Keane, director of Golden Angels Investors, talk with entrepreneurs about their success.
- thegogedders podcast: For and about risk-takers—people who aren’t afraid to make it happen and go get it.
- Strange on Purpose: Hosted by misfits, entrepreneurs, and creatives, this series is for people who see the world differently and don't mind going against the grain to achieve their goals.
- Blockchain 1% - featuring Michael Anton Adam: Blockchain 1% dives into a myriad of Blockchain topics and real world uses with regard to everything Blockchain.
- Down to Mars: A timely podcast focused on diversity in tech and startup spaces!
- The Brimful Life: Stories and advice from people who will inspire you to never settle in your pursuit to live fully.
Great ways to connect with the Milwaukee community
- HealthTechMKE: Organization is focused on supporting entrepreneurs and growing the health tech ecosystem in Milwaukee.
- Tech Meetups in Milwaukee: Listing of meetups for the tech community.
- Entrepreneurship Meetups in Milwaukee: Listing of meetups for the entrepreneur community.
- NEWaukee: A social architecture firm that’s changing the way people connect.
- NO Studios: A collaborative workspace and social community that offers an environment for artists and art lovers to come together.
- Wisconsin Technology Association: Organization for tech and telecom professionals.
- 88Nine Radio Milwaukee: A community radio station that believes in making voices heard, building relationships and being a catalyst for a better Milwaukee – on and off the air.
- Technology Innovation Center: Community of constant innovation focused on helping entrepreneurs thrive.
- DevWI: Resource for the WI dev community to connect and grow.
- Visit Milwaukee Guide: 2019 Official Visitors Guide for the city of Milwaukee.
- BLKSHP Milwaukee: A people-first collaborator community of artists, educators and entrepreneurs focused on work that benefits society.