About the MKE Tech Talent Re/Upskilling Subcommittee
The Re/Upskilling Subcommittee seeks to engage with organizations in the greater Milwaukee region that share a passion for our Vision, Mission and Values and would like to be actively engaged in our collective efforts.
Vision: Workers with an interest in tech understand the opportunities available to acquire high demand skills and have confidence they will be valued in the #mketech ecosystem.
Mission: Retrain workers with diverse backgrounds in the greater Milwaukee (M7) region.
Values: Strategies increase the likelihood for upward mobility of displaced workers/underrepresented populations and reinforce Coalition members as employers of choice.
The Model Employer framework defines the characteristics of the employers we seek to engage with around Coalition Re/Upskilling efforts. Does your organization have these characteristics? If so, please reach out to Laura Schmidt, Chief Talent Development Officer, for more information on how to get engaged.
- Our current/projected business model is dependent on a strong technology workforce.
- We are willing to source talent through both traditional and non-traditional means.
- We are willing to provide support and mentoring to both entry-level and non-traditional hires that enable them to be successful.
- We are willing to help identify ‘high demand’ entry level skillsets across the MKE tech ecosystem.
- We are willing to help develop and scale successful re/upskilling practices regionally.
- We are willing to provide a commitment to interview/hire from one or more Coalition Re/Upskilling program partners as tech staffing needs arise.
Initial Strategies/Initiatives 2020-21
- Entry/Mid-Career Talent – Scale successful reskilling programs that create in-demand tech talent from early/mid-career college graduates.
- Launch Dev10 program with Genesis 10 (initially for software development).
- Middle Skill Talent – Scale successful reskilling programs that create in-demand tech talent for middle skill jobs (beyond high school, not necessarily a college degree).
- Build Capacity for available programs.
- Advocate and Attract – Partner with key stakeholders to highlight Re/Upskilling programs available in the region and for those that might be looking to Reskill as part of their relocation plans.
- Sponsor for iHeart Media ReSkill MKE Campaign: www.ReskillMKE.net