The primary goal of the MKE Tech Hub Coalition is to double the tech workforce in southeastern Wisconsin by 2025. This will enable us to fulfill the tech talent requirements of employers as well as drive economic success and innovation in the region.
To achieve this bold milestone, we’re harnessing the power of companies, entrepreneurs, educators, community organizations and other area stakeholders to join forces around our key initiatives:
Driving Demand for Jobs
- Promote Milwaukee Tech: Highlight existing capabilities and assets to showcase Milwaukee as a tech hub solving critical issues in traditional and emerging industries
- Startups: Increase number of regional tech startups to drive innovation and new tech jobs
- Tech Job Growth: Expand number of tech companies that relocate to or grow in Milwaukee
Meeting Job Demand with Talent Supply
- K-20: Inspire the next generation of talent and retain them in the region through strong internship and entry level opportunities
- Re/Upskilling: Accelerate building a diverse tech workforce, reflective of the community demographics, which meets the skills needs of our regional employers
- Attraction and Retention: Attract freelancers, virtual workers and talent for immediate regional openings
A growing awareness of tech’s significant impact on the region’s economic vitality spurred community business leaders and other stakeholders to come together to advance the area as a national hub for technology. In 2017, Advocate Aurora Health and Northwestern Mutual partnered to guide the MKE Tech Hub movement and work with companies and organizations to transform southeastern Wisconsin into a thriving, innovation-based economy.
Propelling the region onto the national stage required the combined power of area employers, non-profits, startups, educational institutions, government entities and more. Hundreds of volunteers from across the ecosystem convened to discuss issues aligned to the MKE Tech Hub’s key strategies and priorities emerged.
In October 2019, the MKE Tech Hub Coalition was formed. Started with six founding members, the non-profit has steadily grown quarter after quarter. Today, Coalition Members actively contribute financially and provide time and talents to progress this regional initiative. Our collective strength continues to advance tech, entrepreneurship and innovation in the region.
For more information or to get involved in the MKE Tech Hub Coalition, please email:
These are the top 15 U.S. cities to launch your career
Milwaukee rises to #3 city for college grads
Milwaukee ranks 4th for U.S. cities with youngest entrepreneurs
Milwaukee a top 10 market for millennial homebuyers
25 best places to visit in 2020
10 Places to Travel in 2020 – Before Everyone Else Does
Milwaukee is the year’s hottest new travel destination
Where Is the Best City to Live Based on Salaries and Cost of Living
These Are the Best Cities for Creative Professionals Right Now
The Midwest’s coolest city
Milwaukee cracks Hot 100 of world cities
Best of the Midwest: One of nine must-see destinations
#3 city for female founders
Milwaukee ranks #8 in Midwest